If a student has an overdue outstanding financial obligation owed to the College, the financial obligation must be paid in full before the student can register. The College reserves the right to restrict or withhold registration privileges, processing of financial assistance, transcripts, or enrollment status information for any individual who has an unpaid financial obligation.
Tuition and Fees
Students must be prepared to pay their tuition and fees in full at the time of registration, unless another due date is stipulated on the portal. If a student is utilizing any type of financial aid it is the students’ responsibility to ensure that the financial aid is posted to their account as payment by the payment deadline posted on the portal. All Financial Aid is processed at the Main Campus in South Holland.
Students must pay their tuition and fees as stipulated, or their registrations will be cancelled and all classes will be dropped. South Suburban College accepts tuition and fee payments via cash, check or MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit cards.
FACTS Deferred Tuition Plan
To help you meet your educational expenses, South Suburban College is pleased to offer FACTS as a convenient budget plan. FACTS is a tuition management plan that provides you with a low cost option for budgeting tuition and other educational expenses. It is not a loan program; therefore, you have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed and there is no credit check. The only cost to budget monthly payments through FACTS is a $25.00 per semester nonrefundable enrollment fee. The enrollment fee is automatically deducted within 14 days of the day the agreement is posted to the FACTS system.
How FACTS Works
Using FACTS is simple. Register online at the FACTS Payment Plan web page. You may budget your tuition and fees one of two ways:
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH) – ACH payments are those payments you have authorized FACTS to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have pre-approved for your expenses at South Suburban College. Payment may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance due the College is paid in full.
- Credit Card Option – Many students and families have requested the option of charging their monthly tuition payment to Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. This enables you to take advantage of various bonus programs offered by your credit card company. If you elect to budget your educational expenses by using your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card, your credit card will automatically be charged on the 5th of each month. The payment amount is specified on the FACTS Agreement and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
For more information or to sign up for FACTS, please visit the FACTS Payment Plan page, or contact the the Business and Accounting Services Office at (708) 210-5720.
Wondering How Much College Might Cost? Try the Net Price Calculator.
The Board of Trustees of South Suburban College reserves the right to adjust or change tuition and fees without notice, if circumstances warrant. For the most up to date tuition and fee costs, please check the current term schedule.
Effective FALL 2017
- Instructional fees (Tuition) for Credit and Credit-Equivalency Courses
In-District: $145.00 per credit hour
Special Residency: † $180.00 per credit hour
Out-of-District: * $343.00 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $398.00 per credit hour
- Student Development Fee (Required of all students enrolled in college-credit courses)
$ 7.75 per hour
- Instructional Technology Fee
$ 10.00 per hour
- Incidental Fees
Transcripts: $5.00 fee (assessed for each transcript)
- Educational/Competency Evaluation Program (ECEP) Evaluation
$8.00 per credit hour
- Special Course Fees
Charges in addition to those listed are required for certain courses and programs to partially offset cost of extraordinary supplies or exceptional services.
- All Internet courses
$10.00 per course
Lake County, Indiana Residents and Employees
A special tuition rate for residents of Lake County, Indiana was implemented in early 1990 and revised in 1999. Through this program, eligible residents, and those employed in Lake County, Indiana may enroll in classes for only $180 per credit hour, plus all other incidental fees (effective Fall 2017). Call the Admissions or Registration Center for more information.
Illinois residents who are not residents of South Suburban College District 510 are charged a non-resident fee of $198.00 per credit hour in addition to the regular tuition fee of $145.00 per credit hour charged to resident students, or a total of $343.00 per credit hour (effective Fall 2017). Under the terms of the Illinois Public Community College Act, students who are not residents of District 510 may be entitled to have the non-resident fee paid by the community college district in which they reside. Those who do not reside in Community College District 510 should check with their local community college at least 30 days prior to time of enrollment.
Special Tuition Programs and Scholarships
South Suburban College offers several tuition programs and scholarship opportunities to eligible students.
For more information, contact Registration, (708) 210-5779.