We Have Some New Policies In Order to Protect Customers and Staff.
- All orders must be entered by using this web page. We will not be taking walk-up orders until further notice.
- Hard copy can be dropped off at the counter AFTER the order has been made.
- Only one customer at a time will be allowed in the Publications office.
- Hand sanitizer and shields have been installed in the office for further protection.
- Remember to select “PERSONAL JOB” as your Site when you are making a personal order.
- If a print or design job proof or question from the print shop goes unanswered for over 30 days, the job will be cancelled. It can be resubmitted at a later date when the client is prepared to follow through on the job.
- Rush Charges: Some jobs are eligible for rush service. Rush service is your project being processed outside of normal timeframes, before other jobs. (If this option is not available, that format is ineligible for rush processing.)
These jobs incur an extra fee starting at a minimum of $25.00. By selecting a rush job, you are agreeing to pay the extra fee charged. Rush jobs may be subject to paper or binding type substitution in the case of shortages. You will be notified if this is the case.
Professional graphic design services are available from the Publications Department.
SSC Clients: Design services are free for all College projects and the administration has mandated that all external-facing print publications should be approved by Publications. College projects are expected to observe a limit of 3 proofs in most circumstances.
Community Groups, Students, Personal and Other Outside Clients: Outside projects are billed for design at $25.00 per hour. A $5.00 setup fee is charged for outside projects that require less than 1 hour of design work. Outside projects take second priority behind College work. Outside jobs must be paid at the cashier before printing is started. We are no longer printing non-college jobs that have a charge under $1.00.
For printing and copying, the costs are based on quantity of impressions per original, per submission. An original is one printed side in the set of what is being printed or duplicated. For instance, if you have a 5-page one-sided document to print, you have 5 originals. Printing & copying in both black only and color are available.
Paper: Multiple colors, sizes and weights of paper are available for printing. Pricing varies based on availability, weight and finish of the paper being requested. Certificate paper is preprinted with a pattern, and should not be used for non-certificate jobs.
Wide-Format Poster Printing:Wide-format poster printing is also available in the Print Shop, up to 24″ wide on a variety of stocks, with many more available by special order. Costs are calculated by poster dimensions.
Finishing Options:There are multiple finishing options available.
Please review your print order carefully before submission, and check your received order for correction and completeness. We allow a 14 business day grace period after order completion for free reprints of jobs with Publications errors. Client errors will not be reprinted for free. (Final approval of a graphic design job that contains errors is a client error. This is an industry standard.)
- Wrong Specifications for Job Ticket
- Job approved with errors
- Not responding to inquiries in a timely fashion
EXAMPLE OF PUBLICATION ERRORS
- Not following Job Ticket Specifications
- Job printed before design approval
- Torn paper, poor quality prints
We print according to the job ticket after any graphic design work has been approved. If you think there is a mistake in the order, please call or email Publications@ssc.edu immediately so that we can revise the ticket before printing. You can always access your order ticket in the “My Orders” screen to check for corrections.
We do not ship outside the College. All jobs must go to a College Address or be picked up in Room 2361 on the Main Campus.