We are committed to maintaining a safe learning environment.
- All Officers of the South Suburban College Police Department (SSCPD) are vested by the State of Illinois with full police authority.
- South Suburban College Police Officers are fully sworn officers and are vested with full law enforcement powers and responsibilities under Illinois law.
- The SSCPD also maintains a force of Security Officers who aid our sworn Police Officers in day-to-day activities.
- The SSCPD will investigate all complaints and will utilize the assistance of other local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies when needed. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
We are dedicated to ongoing officer training in areas that included:
- CPR/AED Certification
- Cultural Diversity
- First Aid
- Legal Updates
The South Suburban College Police Department is happy to provide the following services on Campus:
- In the event of an accident or injury, minor first-aid is available in Room 1215 (Main Campus) or Room 5004 (Oak Forest Center).
- All Emergencies should be immediately reported to the SSCPD.
Lost & Found
- Lost and found items can be dropped off/picked up in Room 1215 (Main Campus) or Room 5004 (Oak Forest Center).
- Articles not claimed within 30 days maybe disposed of at the College’s discretion.
Personal Safety Training
- Free personal safety pamphlets are available outside Room 1215 and free public seminars are schedule throughout the school year. Please contact (708) 596-2000 ext. 2235 for additional information or to obtain a schedule of events.
- Students may request personal assistance (including vehicle assistance) and an escort to their vehicle by contacting the SSCPD.
All criminal incidents or emergencies should be immediately reported to the Police Department.