The Marketing-Management program is designed for individuals who plan employment or promotion within businesses involved in the marketing of goods or services to the public. The two-year program prepares students for positions in such fields as product and production planning, advertising, sales, promotion, retailing, wholesaling, distribution, fashion marketing, consumer research, small business ownership or general business administration.
The mission of the Manager/Supervisor program at South Suburban College is to meet the needs of individuals to effectively function within a modern business environment, as it relates to understanding positions in the field of supervisor or manager. Students are also able to prepare for program specific certifications.
Our vision is to provide students with a clear understanding of communication, human relations, critical thinking and problem solving skills required to effectively supervise/manage within the business environment. Student will be better prepared to enter into a four year university or increase their job opportunities.
Through quality instruction from faculty and input from the Advisory Board Committee, the following goals have been established for students in the Marketing – Management (MKT.AAS.MGMT) Program. Students will:
- gain an understanding of the principles of marketing and the operation of marketing systems.
- understand the buying motives, habits and demands of consumers.
- understand marketing research and product development, channels of distribution, and franchising.
- understand marketing functions and policies.
- understand product costing and pricing and promotional techniques.
- develop an understanding of marketing strategies required to conduct business through e-commerce/social media channels.
- gain valuable on-the-job work experience in the field of marketing by completing an internship within a professional office environment.
For increased specialization, students can complete two marketing-management internship courses in their second year of study to gain on-the-job experience in their chosen area.
This certificate is an accelerated program of marketing studies designed to qualify people for entry level work or promotion within the shortest possible time.
Gainful Employment Information Available
This program has been articulated with some area high schools. Recent high school graduates may have earned credit in this program through high school coursework.
Questions About the Program?
If you have questions about the Barbering Program at SSC that weren’t answered above, fill out this form and someone will get in touch with you.
Ms. Ona’ Johnson
Business Program Coordinator
(708) 596-2000 ext. 2357