The Office Administration & Technology program is a certificate program that provides training in essential secretarial/administrative support skills needed by today’s office professional.
The Office Administration & Technology program at South Suburban College is designed to prepare students for a careers or promotional opportunity in the field of secretarial services and/or administrative support. Students are also prepared to take the industry recognized Microsoft Office Specialist certification exam.
To maximize student learning through solid instructional methods designed to help them gain the secretarial/administrative support skills needed to work in a professional business environment. Students will be better prepared to enter into a four year university or increase their job opportunities. MOS Certification exams will be emphasized.
Through quality instruction from faculty and input from the Advisory Board Committee, the following goals have been established for students in the Office Administration & Technology Program. Students will:
- provide instruction on the fundamentals and advanced features of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, SharePoint).
- provide instruction on the fundamentals of desktop publishing.
- understand the basics of English sentence structure, punctuation, business vocabulary, and spelling.
- further develop the ability to communicate effectively in the business environment.
- develop human relations skills and understand how to be successful in a diverse workplace.
- learn how to effectively use technology to process information.
This program has been articulated with some area high schools. Recent high school graduates may have earned credit in this program through high school coursework.
Questions About the Program?
If you have questions about the Office Administration & Technology Program at SSC that weren’t answered above, fill out this form and someone will get in touch with you.
Ms. Ona’ Johnson
Business Program Coordinator
(708) 596-2000 ext. 2357