The Office Administration & Technology program is a certificate program that provides training in essential secretarial/administrative support skills needed by today’s office professional. This program has been articulated with some area high schools. Refer to page 31 for more information.
The Office Administration & Technology program at South Suburban College is designed to prepare students for a careers or promotional opportunity in the field of secretarial services and/or administrative support. Students are also prepared to take the industry recognized Microsoft Office Specialist certification exam.
To maximize student learning through solid instructional methods designed to help them gain the secretarial/administrative support skills needed to work in a professional business environment. Students will be better prepared to enter into a four year university or increase their job opportunities. MOS Certification exams will be emphasized.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
Through quality instruction from faculty and input from the Advisory Board Committee, the following goals have been established for students in the Office Administration & Technology Program. Students will:
- provide instruction on the fundamentals and advanced features of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, SharePoint).
- provide instruction on the fundamentals of desktop publishing.
- understand the basics of English sentence structure, punctuation, business vocabulary, and spelling.
- further develop the ability to communicate effectively in the business environment.
- develop human relations skills and understand how to be successful in a diverse workplace.
- learn how to effectively use technology to process information.
|Overview for College Success||Credits|
|Overview for College Success (OCS 121) is a class that will help you plan and assist you in becoming a better student and support you in your work/life balance. OCS 121 credit is not calculated in the course minimum credit totals listed in this section.|
|OCS 121||Overview for College Success||1|
|MIS 101||Computer Literacy and Applications||3|
|OAT 128||Microsoft Word||3|
|OAT 132||Microsoft Access||3|
|OAT 143||Microsoft Excel||3|
|OAT 155||Microsoft PowerPoint||3|
|OAT 115||Microsoft Outlook||1|
|OAT 135||Fundamentals of Desktop Publishing||3|
|Total Credit Hours||20|