Admissions & Registration Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. SSC welcomes all students who can benefit from our courses. However, entry into specific programs may have certain requirements. For example, transfer programs follow Illinois admission standards, which include high school coursework in English, math, social studies, and science. If these requirements weren’t met in high school, they need to be fulfilled before transferring to a four-year or two-year senior school. Additionally, some health programs have specific college-level prerequisite courses. Contact the Office of Admissions at (708) 210-5718 for detailed admission requirements.
Yes. Even if you don’t live in the SSC district, you can attend by utilizing cooperative agreements with nearby community colleges. If your local college doesn’t offer your desired program, you can attend SSC at the in-district tuition rate by obtaining a cooperative form. SSC also has special rates for those in Lake County, Indiana. For more details, contact the Office of Admissions at (708) 210-5718.
Go to Steps to Success to get started.

No. At SSC, you have the option to take our entrance exams instead. If you’ve recently graduated from high school and have a strong GPA, you might be exempt from taking the entrance exam. If you have taken the SAT, your scores might also be able to exempt you from part or all of the entrance exams. After applying, please send your official transcript and SAT scores to Admissions. More info: Assessment (Testing) Center.

If it has been two years or more since your last class at SSC, you’ll need to submit a new application. If you attended another college during this time, you’ll also need to submit your official college transcript.
You can submit your transcript online, by mail or in-person. All official documents should be submitted to the Office of Admissions, 15800 South State Street, South Holland, IL 60473. Physical official transcripts must be in an sealed envelope. If you received a High School Equivalency diploma in Cook County, call (312) 814-4488 to request a transcript.

All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an educational accreditation company. SSC recommends Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).

Yes. An international student is a citizen of another country AND has a F-1 Visa. Click here and select “International Student Admission” for more information.

Yes. Please meet with a counselor and your college advisor to select courses that are transferable to your current institution. Click here to get started.
Yes. SSC offers a free class waiver and other special tuition programs. Financial aid may also be available to those who qualify.
Yes. Choose from five modes of course delivery, including in-person, virtual, online, flex and blended methods. Click here to learn more about class formats.
Various programs of study are offered at SSC. Click here to view the offerings.

If you have additional questions, contact Admissions at (708) 210-5718.