No, but if you do take the ACT, it’s a good idea to have your scores forwarded to SSC because they will help your counselor to advise you in course selection. SSC requires all new students to complete the Placement exam that assesses your English, reading, and math skills. If indicated, you may be required to take developmental coursework to enhance your skills before enrolling in college-level classes.You may also use your ACT scores to qualify for the Honors Program at SSC. If you have any questions about a group advising session contact the counseling department at (708) 596-2000, ext. 5724. New students may be required to attend a Group Advising session to have the Placement results professionally interpreted, and for guidance with scheduling and registering for their first semester classes. College and program information is given to all students prior to the beginning of their studies at South Suburban College.
Not currently, but you may print an Admissions Application and mail or fax it to the Admissions Office. The Admissions fax number is 708-225-5806 or mail to: South Suburban College, Attn: Admissions, 15800 S. State Street, South Holland, IL 60473.Within 48 hours of receipt, all applications should be entered; contact Admissions by email or by calling (708) 596-2000 ext. 2329 or 2490 for confirmation.
Yes, SSC waives the tuition costs for one course if you meet the following conditions:
- Applicant must be at least 25 years old
- Applicant must reside within Community College District #510
- Applicant must not have previously enrolled in any college credit course at South Suburban College District #510
- Applicant can not be receiving financial aid or tuition assistance from employer
This discount is a one-time only discount that does not apply to any course of six credit hours or more. Applicant is responsible for the payment of the one-time registration fee, books as they relate to the course, student development fees, lab fees, instructional technology fees, and any other applicable fees.
Download the 25 and Over Tuition Waiver Affidavit of Eligibility and bring it to registration
The “Free Tuition” waiver is available to all Elementary and High School Personnel who work in the South Suburban College 510 District or Northwest Indiana with the following restrictions:
- Only one free course per student is allowed.
- An Elementary/High School Personnel Tuition Incentive Program Application must be authorized by the school district which employs you and the SSC Registrar or Director of Admissions & Records prior to registering.
- This offer is only available for 100 level and above courses and does not apply to any course of six credits or more.
- This offer applies to tuition only. At the time of registration you must pay for fees for the course you select. Books are also the responsibility of the student.
- Courses are subject to availability.
- This waiver is not valid when used in conjunction with Federal and/or State Financial Aid.
- Certain courses may require Placement Testing prior to registration.
For more information, contact Admissions at (708) 596-2000 ext. 2330 or 2490