Be advised that this checklist is the procedure for Veteran and active Servicemembers and their families who are interested in enrolling at South Suburban College. If you are interested in going to South Suburban College and are not a Servicemember, please go to BE A BULLDOG web page.
The following communications will be sent to the email address provided on the SSC application.
- Apply to SSC by completing the ONLINE APPLICATION.
- The $20 admission fee is waived for Veterans and servicemembers.
USE YOUR EDUCATION BENEFITS AND GET ENROLLED TODAY
- Apply Online for VA Educational Benefits at www.gibill.va.gov
- Submit required documents to SSC School Certifying Official:
- Request for Veteran Benefits form (available in the Financial Aid Office or Veterans Center.)
- DD-214 (Visit www.archives.gov to obtain a record.)
- VA Certificate/Letter of Eligibility for any approved benefit
- Class Schedule
Questions? Contact the Financial Aid Office located in Room 2355, (708) 596-2000, ext. 5845
- If applying via FAFSA additional documents for verification may be required.
- You also have an option to set up a payment plan.
Remember, you are responsible for checking the status of your financial aid via the SELF-SERVICE web page.
All official documents should be submitted to:
South Suburban College
Office of Admissions
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
- South Suburban College placement tests can be completed online or in person in the Assessment center. Placement exams available for English, Reading, and ALEK Math. Placement testing is not timed but plan accordingly. A valid photo ID is required for assessment testing in the testing center.
- There is a one-time, non-refundable $25 testing fee that must be paid for in advance of taking a test. This testing fee covers the English, Reading and the ALEKS Math placement test. At your convenience, remote testing is an option and will be billed to your student account.
- For additional information, contact the Assessment Center via email or by phone at (708) 596-2000, ext. 2483.
- To meet with a counselor, make an appointment on our QLess virtual line system.
- You must follow a Degree/Certificate program in the Course Catalog.
SSC’s SELF-SERVICE is where you go for registration, course planning, student financial information, and email. All students attempting to access SSC Self Service need to have completed the application process.
- Complete orientation.ssc.edu. If done in person, this is an 45-60 minute overview of the College policies, procedures and resources available for student success!
- Utilize Student Services (Must Have Class Schedule for to obtain ID card). After confirming your class schedule visit the Office of Student Life & Leadership in Room 2329 to obtain a student I.D.
- Access your SSC student email account. Accessing your SSC student email account is vital to receive official correspondence from SSC regarding grades, bills, due dates, confirmations, financial aid updates, registration deadlines, wait list, and much, much, more.
- Log into to D2L Brightspace to access course information.
- Visit Room 2363 or call at 708-596-2000, ext. 2233.
- Learn about resources and how to get involved on campus.
If you run into any trouble accessing your courses, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com.