SGA Election Deadlines
- MARCH 17th: Submit petition request via email to the Office of Student Life and Leadership
- MARCH 22th: Petition collection begins.
- APRIL 5th: Must have 50 signatures from current SSC students.
- APRIL 6-12th: Campaigning period.
- APRIL 13-19th: Voting period.
SGA Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a South Suburban College student.
- Must possess and maintain required minimum grade point average for respective positions (See Below)
- President (2.5 G.P.A.)
- Executive Vice President/Chairman-IOC (2.5 G.P.A.)
- Vice President of Public Relations and Promotions (2.5 G.P.A.)
- Vice President of Financial Affairs (2.5 G.P.A.)
- Secretary (2.2 G.P.A.)
- Senators (2.5 G.P.A.) – Six (6) Vacancies
All students enrolled in college-credit courses are considered voting members of the Student Government Association of South Suburban College and are encouraged to attend regularly scheduled meetings.
Senators and officers, which are elected by the student body, include President, Executive Vice- President, Vice-President of Programming and Promotions, Vice-President of Finance, Student Trustee, Secretary/Senator and 6 Senators.
The Student Government Association strives to promote student activities, keep active communications among all segments of the College community and address student concerns and grievances.