Institutional Effectiveness involves the entire institution in the evaluation of the College’s performance in achieving its mission and goals and the implementation of continuous quality improvement across all programs and services. South Suburban College is committed to collaboratively and systematically examining how effectively the College accomplishes its mission to serve our Students and the Community through lifelong learning.
We accomplish our mission through a series of activities which include:
- Assisting with the preparation of periodic reports on students’ enrollment, attendance, performance, and degree/certificate attainment.
- Assisting with the preparation of reports based on special requests from academic divisions, administrative offices, committees, and students.
- Supporting the development and monitoring of the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Supporting the College’s participation in local and national surveys.
- Providing guidance for the College accreditation, program review, and assessment processes.
- Providing leadership for the College’s Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Responding to data request from external supervisory agencies.
- Providing support to internal and external stakeholders who are interested in accessing and understanding institutional data.
Please direct questions or comments about Institutional Research & Effectiveness at SSC to Dr. Ronald Kawanna Jr., Associate Vice President of Accreditation, and Institutional Effectiveness and/or Dr. Kevin Riordan, Ed.D., Director of Institutional Research.