2020-2025 Strategic Planning Process
South Suburban College (SSC) engaged in a comprehensive and collaborative strategic planning process that involved many members of our faculty, staff, students, alumni, community representatives, business and industry partners, and friends of the College. Our goal was to articulate a shared vision of SSC’s future and to make that vision a reality through the identification of key strategic directions and the identification of key performance outcomes tied to actionable plans. This website will serve as a common point of reference to access and gain information about our strategic plan.
SSC’s objective was to provide a strategic planning process that was collaborative, inclusive, and transparent. The Institution created opportunities for listening and inclusive engagement. The College held a series of strategic planning informational forums, focus groups, surveys, and other outreach efforts over the course of the strategic planning process. SSC welcomed and invited participation and input from all faculty, administration, staff, students, alumni, business and industry partners, and community partners.
2020-2025 Strategic Plan
We are pleased to share with you South Suburban College’s 2020-2025 Strategic Plan, our framework to guide the College as it implements the steps necessary to face our many institutional opportunities and challenges. The institutional goals and expected measurable outcomes identified in this plan serve to chart a pathway for the effective pursuit of our college’s mission and its core values. SSC’s core values are the foundational principles that drive all our activities, and they will foster the commitment necessary to accomplish the strategic directions identified in the strategic plan. Specific Institutional goals, expected measurable outcomes, accountable leaders, and planning timetables are identified in the Strategic Plan.
Our 2020-2025 Strategic Plan is the blueprint to ensure our future growth and our students’ success.
Our Strategic Directions
The Board of Trustees approved the College’s 2020-2025 Strategic Plan on March 12, 2020. We invite you to review the full plan and think about how you can support the College and its strategic efforts as we engage in the work of South Suburban College.
Strategic Direction #1: Nurture and empower each student to succeed.
- 1.0: South Suburban College nurtures and empowers each student to succeed.
Strategic Direction #2: Enhance awareness, communication, and access.
- 2.0: South Suburban College will raise the visibility of the college and improve the understanding and perceived value of educational opportunities, including lifelong learning, offered by the college. We will expand opportunities and remove access barriers for our students.
Strategic Direction #3: Ensure institutional resources and sustainability.
- 3.0: South Suburban College will ensure the financial, physical and technological resources necessary to support educational programs and promote continuous innovation and sustainability.
Strategic Direction #4: Advance community engagement and partnership.
- 4.0: South Suburban College will enrich the community and enhance the quality of life for its residents. South Suburban College will strengthen and expand external partnerships.
Strategic Direction #5: Foster Performance-based culture.
- 5.0: South Suburban College will cultivate institutional excellence through continuous improvement and advance a performance-based culture based on data-informed decisions.
Please direct questions or comments about our strategic planning process to Dr. Ronald Kawanna Jr., Associate Vice President of Accreditation and Institutional Effectiveness.