The Human Resources Department of South Suburban College works to ensure equal opportunity employment practices for all college employees and those who seek to gain access to employment opportunities at the College. All eligible employees can be assured of participation in the many benefit programs and services offered by the College, as related to their respective employee group.
Areas of responsibility in the Human Resources Department include, but are not limited to:
- Benefits Enrollment and Coordination
- Employee Records Management
- New Employee Orientations
- Employee Training and Staff Development
It is the policy statement of South Suburban College to affirmatively implement equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, physical and mental disabilities or age, within areas covered by federal laws or regulations. South Suburban College has long embraced the concept of nondiscrimination in all areas of human relations, including employment. Equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and advancement is guaranteed to students, potential students and all college personnel. In addition, no veterans of the Vietnam conflict or qualified persons with a disability shall be excluded from or denied benefits of any program or activity.
Any individuals who have concerns regarding Equal Opportunity Employment practices at the College are encouraged to contact the Affirmative Action Officer at (708) 596-2000, extension 5719.
These policies are approved and endorsed by the College and Board of Trustees and dictated by federal and state mandates. Employees should read and abide by these policies.
- Affirmative Action Policy (101.02)*
- Drug Free Workplace (409.03)*
- Ethics in Contracting and Purchasing (310.0)*
- Employee and Student Assistance Program (ESAP) (410.03)*
- Information Technology Access, Use and Security (212.01)*
- Mandatory Drug Testing (409.04)*
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment (410.01)
- Smoking / Non-Smoking Regulations (207.02)*
- Violence and Threats of Violence in the Workplace (409.05)*
*Corresponding Board of Trustees Policy & Procedure Manual Number
The On-Campus Federal Work Study Program at South Suburban College is overseen by the Career Development & Jobs Center.
To apply for a position:
- Obtain a Student Employment Application from the Financial Aid office, SSC Main Campus, Room 2234.
- Complete and return the application to the Financial Aid office.
- Applications are reviewed and forwarded to the Career Development & Jobs Center.
- Status of an application may be checked by visiting the Career Development & Jobs Center, SSC Main Campus, Room 2250.
Please note: Not all students will be eligible for On-Campus Federal Work study Program as it is based on financial need.
Other part-time student employment may be available. Visit the Career Development & Jobs Center, Room 2250, to check for openings.