High School Graduate with Some Previous College Credit

First time students to SSC should stop by the Office of Admissions for assistance with the admissions process – Main Campus Room 2348

To register for classes at SSC for the first time, you should complete the following steps:

1. Apply Online

2. Transcripts

If you are a high school graduate, make sure that your high school has forwarded your transcripts to SSC Admissions. If you are a GED student, have your official GED transcripts sent to SSC. In Cook County, call 847-328-9795.

If you have attended other colleges, you must have your transcripts sent to the SSC Admissions if you wish to have your transcripts evaluated for possible transfer credit. Two to three weeks after you request the transcripts, call the Admissions Office to verify their arrival at (708) 210-5718.

Students with foreign transcripts must have transcripts evaluated by Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) during the first semester of attendance at SSC and are responsible for any ECE evaluation fees.

3. Financial Aid

If you want to be considered for Financial Aid, you must complete the Federal Financial Aid Form. Bring the completed form to the SSC Financial Aid Office for electronic processing, or you may apply online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. Normal turnaround for this option is 7-10 business days.


If you received financial aid at any previous college or post-secondary institution, financial aid transcripts must be sent to the SSC Financial Aid office.

4. Placement Testing/Group Advising/Counselor Appointment

If you attended college previously, you need to schedule and appointment to see a counselor to discuss placement testing, college transcripts and curriculum information. Please call (708) 596-2000, ext. 5724.

5. Register for Classes

My SSC provides enhanced self-service capabilities for
registration, course planning, student financial information, and email. All students attempting to access My SSC need to have completed the application process.

Any student without a user name and password, needs to visit the Office of Admissions (main campus), with a valid, government issued, photo ID to retrieve your information.

If you do not live in-district, but are using a charge-back agreement, cooperative agreement, work-in-district waiver, etc., you still need to register online, but then must come to the registration counter, on campus, to have your tuition rate adjusted (be sure to bring proper documentation).

We’re glad to have you as a new student at SSC!