For more information about the PATH Grant, contact:
PATH Project Coordinator
TEL: (708) 596-2000 x2432
The Pipeline for the Advancement of the Healthcare Workforce or PATH program, funded through an Illinois Community College Board grant, aims to serve, create, support and expand the opportunities for individuals in nursing and select healthcare pathways to obtain certificates and degrees, allowing them to enter and/or advance their careers in the health care industry.
The PATH grant provides financial assistance for short-term and long-term education/training programs designed to help participants gain employment in high-wage and in-demand occupations within the healthcare field. Students receive support including work-based learning, wraparound support services, and customized training. The programs at SSC include:
PATH Student Support Services
- Tuition assistance
- Textbooks and fees
- Career readiness and development opportunities
- Laptop loaners
In order to participate, you must meet one of the following, being:
- Low income (i.e., qualify for federal financial aid such as receiving SNAP benefits, Medicaid or TANF)
- Incumbent workers who are already in the workforce looking to continue their education and advance their careers in the nursing or healthcare pathway in Illinois.
- New, entering students on a nursing or healthcare pathway with an identified need for support.
- Minority students and other underrepresented populations