The English, Communication & Humanities consists of the following ICCB and Illinois Board of Higher Education approved transfer programs of study and/or their courses:
- Communication (Digital Journalism Concentration, Visual Communication Concentration, Speech),
- Humanities & Fine Arts,
- Philosophy, and
The curricula in these programs are designed to facilitate a smooth transfer to a four-year institution for the completion of a baccalaureate degree. Many courses are required to meet the General Education requirements for degree programs (AA, AS, AFA, and AES) or serve as program electives. The department includes both theoretical and performance courses as well as courses that utilize a variety of technologies. Consult the Transfer Center for help in selecting courses appropriate for the program at the college or university where you plan to transfer. Counselors are available to advise students about their courses and program.
The mission of the Communication & Humanities Department is to provide a comprehensive education in order to prepare students for a successful transfer to a four-year institution. The programs in the department are designed to give the student a solid academic foundation that stresses critical thinking and writing skills as well as emphasize proficiency in oral communication and program-designed performance techniques while embracing historical and cultural influences.
The Communication & Humanities Department faculty desires to prepare and empower students to seek educational advancement by provided a structured curricula to meet the following student learning objectives:
- Students will use critical thinking and/or writing skills to solve problems and express their viewpoints and integrate them into course assignments.
- Students will develop knowledge of past and contemporary culture(s).
- Students will clearly and effectively present their messages using oral and/or written communication.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to properly research material and utilize those concepts in their course assignments.
- Students will understand and use course specific technology.
Recommended Curricula for Transfer Programs
- Communication (Digital Journalism Concentration) Transfer Program
- Communication (Visual Communication Concentration) Transfer Program
- English Transfer Curriculum
- Visual Communication Certificate Program
- Visual Communication Certificates
- Drama Transfer Program
- Philosophy Transfer Program
- Spanish Transfer Program
- Speech Transfer Program
- Art & Design
- Graphic Design Program
- Communications – Visual Communication Concentration
- Communications – Digital Journalism Concentration
- Art & Design
- Graphic Design