Welcome to the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences. Our programs place emphasis on a wide range of topics relating to society and the many diverse, cultural elements which influence the behaviors of the world’s population.
South Suburban College is proud to offer courses designed to give students the background that they need to go on to advanced degree institutions. Many of these courses are specifically designed for transfer, enabling students to complete their first two years of coursework leading towards a Bachelor’s degree in virtually any field of study at a four year college or university.
Recommended Curricula for Transfer Programs
- Economics Transfer Curriculum
- Education – A.A. Transfer Curriculum
- Education – A.S. Transfer Curriculum
- Geography Transfer Curriculum
- History Transfer Curriculum
- Political Science Transfer Curriculum
- Psychology Transfer Curriculum
- Sociology Transfer Curriculum
- Teacher Aide/Child Development Programs
- Political Science
- Urban Studies