Welcome to the Office of Academic Services!
We provide students, faculty, staff and other interested parties with all the academic services and necessary tools that our students need to have a successful community college experience at South Suburban College. We are in the continuous process of self-evaluation for the purpose of maintaining an environment that supports an informed community of learners and educators.
We have a team of professionals who are dedicated to assisting students with achieving academic, personal and professional success. In collaboration with faculty, staff and others from credit and non-credit programs as well as the co-curricular areas of the college, the Office of Academic Services endeavors to create, promote, and enrich the learning environment at South Suburban College. This office is also responsible for institutional accreditation as well as specialized accreditation in some of the Programs of Study areas.
Our mission is to facilitate student learning and success. We achieve our mission by initiating and offering programs and services that reflect a questioning culture conducive to academic and personal development.
Specific Goals of the Office of Academic Services:
- Providing High Quality Academic Programs
- Cultivating and Promoting Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Advocating for Students
- Identifying and Maintaining a Continuous Assessment of Learning Model
- Establishing and Maintaining Collaborative Relationships with Faculty and Staff
- Monitoring and Maintaining Academic Integrity
- Establishing Best Practice Models Rooted in persistence, retention and completion
- Maintaining Academic Standards
- Supporting students’ timely and satisfactory progress towards a certificate or degree
- Maintaining compliance with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association, the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) and the Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE)
Programs Represented Under Academic Services