College-Wide Open House coming to South Holland August 6th and a Free Class also is now available to first time credit students.
SOUTH HOLLAND, IL–Open Registration for the Fall 2015 Semester at South Suburban College (SSC) is in progress. Fall classes begin Monday, August 24th at the college’s Main Campus and Oak Forest Center. SSC will also host a College-Wide Open House on August 6th from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. featuring tours, demonstrations, and information about the college’s wide range of options, programs and student services. Prospective students 18 and over will be entered in an Open House Raffle for a trip for two to any concert of their choice in the Continental U.S. (excluding Multiple Day Festivals), Round Trip Airfare for two, overnight hotel stay and $500 spending cash.
SSC is now offering a Free Class to first time credit students residing in District 510, Lake County, IN, or those who qualify for the Chicago Regional Rate. The Free Class applies to tuition only, and does not apply to courses of more than 5 credit hours. Individuals must not be receiving any state or federal financial aid or employer subsidies. More information is available at www.ssc.edu/freeclass.
Students who wish to use financial aid as payment for fall classes must have an official high school or GED transcript on file. Official transcripts must have a school seal and graduation date on them. Transcripts can be hand-delivered to the Admissions Office or mailed to: Office of Admissions (15800 South State Street, South Holland, IL 60473). If a transcript is hand-delivered it must be in the original sealed, unopened envelope.
Prospective students should complete the Online Application Form at www.ssc.edu to begin the enrollment process. New students will receive an SSC email account and a “My SSC” Username & Password via email which will allow access to the online schedule and class registration. The My SSC portal also allows students 24-hour access during college closed periods.
The complete upcoming open house schedule at SSC is as follows:
- Non Credit CNA–Basic Nurse Assistant Training Open House, Wednesday, July 15th, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., Main Campus Atrium, JMabry@ssc.edu
- Court Reporting Program Open House, Thursday, July 16th, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Oak Forest Center Room 5190, LCooke@ssc.edu
- Child Development Center Open House, Wednesday, August 5th, 3 p.m. – 8 p.m., Main Campus L233, RBlisset@ssc.edu
- SSC College-Wide Open House, August 6th, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m., Main Campus, ssc.edu
- Paralegal Open House, Tuesday, August 11th, 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., Oak Forest Center Room 5190, JCieslik@ssc.edu
Contact the Office of Admissions at (708) 210-5718 for enrollment information. SSC’s Main Campus is located at 15800 South State Street, South Holland, Illinois. The Oak Forest Center is located at 16333 South Kilbourn Avenue, Oak Forest, Illinois.