SOUTH HOLLAND, IL–South Suburban College’s Adult Education Department is offering a wide range of opportunities for adults to build the basic skills required for success. English as a Second Language (ESL) allows non-native students to improve their English skills from beginning to advanced levels.
Registration begins April 15, 2019. (Students must be prepared to stay the entire time designated.) Students may register at any of the following ESL program sites:
SOUTH SUBURBAN COLLEGE MAIN CAMPUS
15800 S. State Street, South Holland, IL 60473, (708) 596-2000, Ext. 2240
General Registration: April 15, 16, 17, from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm in Room L233 or 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm in Room 1243B
- Full-time ESL: Monday through Friday, April 22 – June 20, from 9:00 am – 2:30 pm in Room L233
- Part-time ESL Day Program: Monday through Friday, April 22 – June 20, from 9:00 am – 11:00 am in Room L233
- Part-time ESL Evening Program: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, April 22 – June 19, from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm in Room 1243B
SOUTH SUBURBAN COLLEGE – OAK FOREST CENTER
16333 South Kilbourn Avenue, Oak Forest, IL 60452, (708) 225-6029
General Registration: April 15, 16, 17, 2019
Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm in Room 5240
Students must be prepared to stay the entire time.
Part-time ESL Day Program: Monday through Friday, April 22 – June 20, from 9:00 am – 11:30 am in Room 5680 OR 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm in Room 5680
At the time of registration all students will take a Placement Test and need the following items:
- CURRENT STATE I.D. or DRIVERS LICENSE INDICATING ILLINOIS RESIDENCE
- UNDER AGE 18 – WITHDRAWAL FORM FROM THE HIGH SCHOOL OF CURRENT RESIDENCE
- Information provided will be kept confidential in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Public Law 93-380).
- For the purpose of compliance with Section 511 of Public Law 101-166 (the Stevens Amendment) Federal funds of $343,670 provides approximately 36% of the support of these programs.
The South Suburban College Adult Education program is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Priority registration is given to continuing students who are making progress in their studies. Waiting lists will be taken as classes have a maximum number of students who can be served. (Indiana Residents cannot participate in this program.)
For more information contact South Suburban College at (708) 596-2000, ext. 2240 or 2385, or visit Adult Education online from ssc.edu. To request ADA accommodations (allow three weeks), please contact Gail Bonds-Carpenter, ADA Coordinator, (708) 596-2000, ext. 2691.