The COVID-19 Student Impact Fund will be awarded to students who have been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The awards will be determined on a case by case basis until otherwise noted by the Executive Director of the Foundation at South Suburban College. The awards cover educational costs, such as outstanding College debt, tuition, fees, books, and technical assistance such as a laptop. Awards may also be issued to pay bills for students with special circumstances.
- Preference will be given to students with outstanding College debt from the Spring or Summer 2020 Semesters.
- Recipients must demonstrate a need such as outstanding College debt, absence of financial aid, or financial
concerns due to unemployment.
- Must be enrolled in a Summer or Fall 2020 course.
Disbursements & Records
- A maximum award of $600 will be granted to students demonstrating financial need.
- Disbursements are made by the Foundation Office which manages the COVID-19 Student Impact Fund.
- Student records and disbursement histories are kept on file in the Foundation Office.
- Students shall initiate contact with the SSC Foundation to demonstrate need and grant permission for student and financial records to be reviewed.
- Student and financial records are reviewed by Foundation staff to determine financial and academic status.
- The Foundation will interview each student following the financial/academic review. The student has the opportunity to give further details including evidence of COVID-19 impact and academic and monetary needs.
- The Foundation will review all circumstances to formulate each decision and will contact the student via telephone within 72 hours (excluding weekends) to inform the student of assistance.
- All applications that are not selected for assistance are re-examined by the Executive Director prior to informing the student. All decisions are final and are made based on this criteria established by the Foundation Scholarship Committee.
not currently accepting Application Forms at this time