Illiana Credit Union’s Your Door to Opportunity Scholarship Fund will award two (2) annual scholarships to Latino students attending or entering SSC. The scholarships will be awarded each May for use in the following Summer, Fall or Spring semesters at South Suburban College. The $1,000 awards cover educational costs, such as tuition, fees and books. Recipients must be of Latino/Hispanic descent, and demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
- Must have identified as Hispanic or Latino on the SSC Admissions Application.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must have declared a major or be enrolled in a program leading to a certificate or degree.
- Must demonstrate outstanding community service and leadership ability (as determined by the SSCF Scholarship Committee).
- Must submit a one-page personal summary.