The John J. Lanigan, Sr. Scholarship will be awarded to one exemplary student who has enrolled in an Engineering or Manufacturing Program at SSC. The scholarship will be awarded each May for use in the following Summer, Fall or Spring semesters at South Suburban College. The $5,000 award covers educational costs, such as tuition, fees and books.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must have a grade point average at or above of 3.0 or above.
- Must have previously completed 12 credit hours and must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours for the current Spring semester.
- Must complete a site visit to Mi-Jack facility in Hazel Crest after receiving the award.
- Field of Interest must be in Manufacturing or Engineering.
- Connection between the mission of the scholarship (interest in field of study) and applicant’s career interests and/or goals.
- Successfully articulate how the applicant plans to achieve goals in field of study.
- Successfully revealing interesting things about applicant (engagement research, volunteer, internship, etc.)