The Karen Tews Returning Adult Scholarship $1000 award recognizes a returning adult student attending South Suburban College.
- Must be a returning adult, age 25 or over.
- Must have completed a minimum of nine (9) credit hours with a 2.7 grade point average (cumulative or last semester attended).
- Must be enrolled in at least 4.5 credit hours for the current Spring semester.
- Must enroll for a minimum of 4.5 credit hours for the upcoming Fall semester.
- Must have a declared major and/or be enrolled in a specific program leading to a certificate or degree.
- Preference given to applicants who are not receiving other financial aid or employer subsidy and are employees of Midwest Sintered Products Corporation.
- Second preference is given to students who reside in the Riverdale/Dolton area.