The One Million Degrees (OMD) Signature Scholarship Program can help pay for school and much more. The OMD scholarship provides “last dollar” financial assistance which covers the remaining balance of tuition and fees, if any, after financial aid has been applied. OMD Scholars also receive a performance-based stipend award of up to $1,000 for the academic year. OMD also provides a complete set of supports for community college students to help them succeed in school and in life. Students selected as an OMD Scholar will become a member of a community of students, volunteers and supporters committed to ensuring their academic, professional and personal goals. OMD Scholars benefit from financial, academic, and professional development opportunities including:
- Coaches for career advice.
- Monthly professional and personal development workshops.
- A dedicated accountability partner with a Program Coordinator.
- Free one-on-one tutoring in any academic subject.
- Tuition assistance and a stipend to defray other educational costs, the cost of books, uniforms, and transportation.
- Graduating high school seniors and current community college students with a 2.0 GPA or returning adult students.
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time South Suburban College students (a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester) and be pursuing their first degree/certificate.
- Applicants must be eligible for In-District tuition rates.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents eligible for federal and state financial aid and demonstrate proof of filing the FAFSA.
- Applicants who are highly motivated and committed to their own academic and professional success.