The Terrence Wright Memorial Scholarship $1000 award is given to a deserving student whose interest in theater has been demonstrated in (in order of priority) scenic design and set construction; lighting, sound and makeup; or costuming, design and construction. If a student in the technical arts of the theater does not apply, then consideration will be given to primary interest in acting, directing, playwriting, or TV and radio.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester hours for the Spring semester and have a minimum 2.7 grade point average.
- Must submit an application form plus a written statement including the students theatrical accomplishments, such as scene designs, lighting designs, costume designs, roles performed, plays directed, sample writing, and TV or radio experience.
- Students whose primary interest is performance must demonstrate their ability through audition in the form of two, five-minute cuttings: one comedic and one serious.
- The student chosen will devote extra curricular time to the South Suburban College Theater Department as an active participant in the theater program offered at the school.
- Student must portray a desire to continue in theater as a vocation or avocation.