SOUTH HOLLAND, IL– South Suburban College’s COVID-19 testing drive-thru is making some minor modifications including relocated testing tents to the SSC Fitness Center’s east parking lot, and offering new hours from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. HR Support has taken over the ongoing testing responsibilities from the National Guard with continued oversight from the Governor’s Office and the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA). The changes are intended to improve traffic flow and overall testing accessibility.
With testing moved to the Fitness Center’s east lot, tents will be highly visible and cars may enter from either 159th Street or State Street to follow the signage. Testing will continue seven days a week, and a security detail will continue to be in place while testing is open.
More details about the testing process include:
- Testing is available for anyone, not only Illinois residents
- Testing is available for all ages (with parental consent)
- State-issued identification is required
- Testing will now be conducted via nasal swab which is painless, and a significant improvement over the more invasive nasopharyngeal test
- Results are delivered by phone within 4-7 business days
Inquiries may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. SSC is located at 15800 S. State Street, South Holland, Illinois. The drive-thru route will still be limited to south side of campus near the athletic fields. Employees, students and visitors will access the Main Campus through 158th Street, and north lots and entrances.
COVID-19 symptoms include but are not limited to fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell.