SOUTH HOLLAND, IL – In response to the growing Latino Community, South Suburban College has established the Latino Center for Information and Services. The Center is located in the Counseling Center Room 2350. The mission of the Center is to Help Latinos Achieve the Dream through education.
Our Center. . .
- Provides excellent customer service to prospective and current students and parents by providing interpretation (English/Spanish).
- Will be the “live voice” at the other end of the phone when a caller to SSC “presses 4 for Spanish.”
- Will escort prospective and current students and parents from office to office ensuring they understand the process and have the information in their native tongue.
- Provides interpretation services for college programs/departments on-demand.
- In collaboration with college staff, provides informational sessions for parents/students in Spanish.
- Maintains a scholarship database for Latino students, especially for Undocumented-DREAMer students.
Visit us on YouTube to watch an episode of “Bulldog Bites” highlighting the Latino Center Grand Opening at https://youtu.be/7nFgwZYZXEU. For more information, please contact us at 708-210-5740 or Latino@ssc.edu. Para información en Español comuniquese al Centro Latino (708) 210-5740 o a Latino@ssc.edu. For information about all of SSC’s programs, admissions and registration, please visit www.ssc.edu or contact the Admissions Office at (708) 210-5718. South Suburban College is located at 15800 S. State Street, South Holland, IL 60473.