SOUTH HOLLAND, IL–The Business & Career Institute (BCI) of South Suburban College present a half-day conference titled “Understanding Trauma in the Workplace” on Thursday, August 29th from 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon with a catered breakfast. The conference will be held in the South Suburban College Performing Arts Center.
A recent poll found that 53% of working Americans have experienced a traumatic event while on the job. It is critical now more than ever to have a plan in place to thwart harrowing events and to provide employees with necessary resources to cope with the effects.
In this half-day conference, attendees will:
- Hear from industry experts about trends of violence and the impact on business
- Learn the proper protocol in active shooter situations
- Identify ways to reduce violent reactions during disciplinary procedures
- Ascertain practical but important stress management skills
Who should attend?
- Human resource professionals
- Mental health and social work professionals
- Business owners, managers, supervisors and program/operations directors from any industry including manufacturing, professional services, municipalities, schools, retail, medical, social services and faith-based communities
CEU’s will be offered for LCPC, LCSW & SHRM-CP/CPA. The cost of the conference with catered breakfast is $49 per person. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or please call (708) 225-6055. South Suburban College is located at 15800 South State Street, South Holland, IL. Additional information can also be found at https://www.ssc.edu/event/bci-conference-understanding-trauma-in-the-workplace/