SOUTH HOLLAND, IL – South Suburban College will be hosting their second Young Musicians’ Competition this April in Room 1137 of South Suburban College’s Department of Music.
April 21, 2017 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
April 22, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
South Suburban College Department of Music
Room 1137 (Rehearsal Room)
15800 S. State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
JUNIOR ARTIST DIVISION
Ages 8 – 13
SENIOR ARTIST DIVISION
Ages 14 – 18
All entries must be made in accordance with the following guidelines. Failure to do these will result in disqualification.
- Competition is open to instrumentalists and vocalists. Solos, duets, trios and quartets are accepted.
- There is no minimum time limit but your piece must be a minimum of 32 bars long, not counting repeats. Maximum performance times are: 3 minutes for Junior Artist and 6 minutes for Senior Artist. You must play your piece from memory without cuts. Only standard solo repertoire will be accepted.
- Each participant will be heard by a panel of judges. You must provide two copies of a score for judges to view during your audition.
- All entrants must reside in Cook County in Illinois or Lake County in Indiana OR study with music teachers in these counties.
- Performers must provide accompanist for auditions.
- Winners in the 2016 SSC Young Musicians’ Competition cannot participate.
- The audition fee is $10 for each entrant. Cash or check to South Suburban College is accepted.
- Reservation for your audition is required. You’ll need to call 708-596-2000, ext. 2316 or email at email@example.com.
Winner of this prestigious competition will have the opportunity to play a public performance at a concert of the SSC Music Department during the 2017-2018 season.
South Suburban College is located at 15800 S. State Street, South Holland, Illinois. For more information, contact Godwin Chou, SSC Music Department Chairman, at 708-596-2000, ext. 2296 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit us online at http://www.ssc.edu/academics/programs-of-study/department-of-music/