SOUTH HOLLAND, IL–South Suburban College (SSC) continues its efforts to provide flexibility to college degree seekers interrupted by the pandemic with a wide range of course delivery options for students to choose for the Fall 2021 Semester. While summer registration continues with online classes and a limited in-person schedule, the College announced the beginning of fall registration with its High Five modes of class delivery:
- In-Person Classes: In-person classes will be run at less than 50% classroom capacity with social distancing.
- Online Classes: Online classes are delivered entirely through the D2L Virtual Classroom. Look for section numbers between 300-399. TBA indicates asynchronous instruction.
- Virtual Classes: Virtual refers to synchronous online instruction through the D2L Virtual Classroom. Days, and times will be listed in the schedule for required live sessions. On-campus labs maybe required.
- Simulcast Delivery: Dual delivery class selection of limited in-person seating or virtual using D2L. Students must choose their preferred delivery mode section when registering. Virtual students are expected to be available at the scheduled class and lab times.
- Blended Delivery: Blended is a hybrid requiring students to meet in-person as well as complete additional requirements independently. Look for section numbers between 200-299. Days, times, and room numbers will be listed in the schedule for required live sessions.
SSC’s Online Application, Registration Services and Class Schedules are easily accessible from ssc.edu. The 2021 Summer Semester begins the week of Monday, June 7th and Fall Semester begins Monday, August 16th. Students are encouraged to register early to secure their preferred mode of instruction and schedule.
SSC previously announced the free laptop application and other technical supports such as hotspots to assist students with the virtual learning environment. Applications are accepted from www.ssc.edu/technology-relief-fund/. Former students make take advantage of a new one-time SSC Student Debt Relief Fund from www.ssc.edu/student-debt-relief-fund.