Job Opportunities for Veterans
Veterans are sought for the following employment opportunities.
- The South Suburban College Veterans Center actively seeks student Veterans to fill roles as receptionists and mentors to assist other student Veterans pursuing their education. If you are interested in being considered, please complete the application here.
- Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP): The Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP) offers education and training for high-demand jobs to Veterans who are unemployed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. To find out if you’re eligible and how to apply, click the link above.
- Operation Support Our Troops- America: OSOT based in Lisle is always in need of care items and volunteers to pack care packages for U.S. troops overseas.
- YMCA Urban Warriors: A Veteran to youth mentoring opportunity. The YMCA of Metro Chicago’s Youth Safety and Violence Prevention initiative pairs combat experienced Veterans with youth exposed to violence in some of Chicago’s most dangerous neighborhoods.
- VetTech Internship: – Every summer, Fermilab in Batavia, IL hires student Veterans for a 10-week, full-time paid internship as a technician in their laboratory. Fermilab seeks student Veterans in majors like engineering, CIS, CIT, automotive service technology, manufacturing, HVACR and other fields to fill these slots. If you are interested in participating, consider applying on Fermilab’s website.
Professional Career Mentoring
- Life Enhancement, Assistance and Development (LEAD) Project: Perspectives, LTD’s employee assistance program known as Life Enhancement, Assistance and Development (LEAD) project and program-based organizational services including assessments, training, coaching and critical incident support.